Saturday, April 20, 2013


“Children must be taught how to think, not what to think.”
Margaret Mead

“Grown-ups never understand anything by themselves, and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explaining things to them”
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

“Children aren't coloring books. You don't get to fill them with your favorite colors.”
Khaled Hosseini

 

To all my classmates,
 I want to thank you for reading my blog and commenting on it.  I hope that you all go far on your educational journey.

               Brooke Downs Guy

5 comments:

  1. Brooke,

    I love the quotes that you shared:

    “Children must be taught how to think, not what to think.”
    ― Margaret Mead

    “Children aren't coloring books. You don't get to fill them with your favorite colors.”
    ― Khaled Hosseini

    These are so true. We need to guide children but also need to let them grow and become who they want to be. I have never heard it said this way, but it is so true and what a great way to put it.

    Thank you for your posts and comments that you have shared throughout this class. I wish you the best as you continue on your educational journey. Hope to hear from you in the next class.

    Amy McCoig

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brooke, I really enjoyed reading your blog and I hope you reach all your educational goals as well and thank you!!

    LaRoyia Franklin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your life and thoughts with us over the last 8 weeks! I wish you well in your future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Broke, I enjoyed reading your post and sharing ideas. I pray that you will have a bless journey throughout your educational endeavours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brooke,

    These are great quotes! I almost used two of these as well. I have really enjoyed reading your posts and discussions in this class. Thank you for sharing information with me. I look forward to working with you in the next class.

    ReplyDelete